Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Fireballs

I have a new addiction to Fireballs.  Haha, yes the hard, red, spicy-yet-sweet candies!  Well maybe it's not so new.  I've always enjoyed eating Fireballs and would purchase them on road trips.  I'd eat one or two and put the rest of the bag in the glove compartment or center console and forget about it.  Then the next time I happened upon the bag I'd be insanely happy about it!  Kind of like finding money in the back pocket of a pair of jeans you haven't worn in a while.  Anyhow, now that I do a considerable amount of driving for my job, I've started purchasing bags of the little red balls regularly and keeping them stocked in driver's side door. 

One day recently I asked myself why I liked them so much and came up with a few answers:

1.  Every time you eat one it's a challenge to see if you can keep it in your mouth the entire time.

2.  Once you get past the firey portion, there's the sweet portion.  At this point it becomes a question of how long do you have to wait before you can bite down on it with your teeth and break it in half.  This is a bit more precarious than #1 because it's inevitable that you will try to bite the ball too early and thus there is an omnipresent risk that you will break a tooth.

3.  They last a long time and only have ~20 calories per ball.

4.  They leave you with a nice, pleasant, cinnamony breath.

Moral of this story - buy a bag of Fireballs.  You'll enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment