Monday, January 27, 2014

Healthy Evening Snack: Edamame

Earlier this year when I was in FL I ate at a sushi restaurant and one of my friends ordered steamed edamame as an appetizer.  I loved it and have been ordering it every single time I go out for sushi ever since.  I've remarked many times that I wish I could whip this up easily at home while watching a movie instead of popcorn.  Well now I can because I found this today at Costco!!!


I'm SO excited because this is SO easy and SO healthy!  To prepare, all you do is put one of the steamable bags of edamame in the microwave and heat for 2.5-3 minutes.  It also comes with little packets of sea salt if you want to sprinkle some on top.

This is a great evening snack for when you are watching the boob tube and want something to munch on.  One bag has only 140 calories and 12 grams of healthy plant protein!  I hope you try this and enjoy it as much as I have been! 


No comments:

Post a Comment