Sunday, October 30, 2016

T - 1 Month Until Cozumel!!!!

Wow, I can't believe there's only 1 month until my next Ironman!!!  When I signed up for IM Cozumel a year ago with the intention of trying to qualify for Kona after missing it by 10 minutes at IM Chattanooga, it seemed like I had so much time to train and get faster.  And yet somehow the race is about to be here and I didn't put in the hours I shoulda coulda woulda...  

Pool I've been swimming in.  Yes, the lane ropes are about 4 inches under water and no, there is no black line on the bottom or black T on the walls.  Flip turn at your own risk!
I've managed to put together some decent training the last couple months, but still only been averaging about 12.5 hours/week.   I've done a handful of 4000+ yd swims.  I've done five hundos, including one 112 miler on the bike in the past 2 months.  I've been struggling on my long runs a bit and not sure why.  Although, I finally had a good 20 mile run yesterday off of a 1 hour bike.  So maybe things are slowing coming together as best they can.  Another good sign for me on the run was that I raced the Pensacola Perfect 10 Miler last weekend untapered and finished in 1 hour 7 min (6:45 pace).  
Use the code "martine6" to get 15% off of your BeetPerformer at Amazon.com.
I am really looking forward to this trip and will go as fast as I can on race day.  Hopefully I feel good and the heat and wind aren't too terrible (though I'm expecting the worst).  I've got 2 more weeks of work and then taper.  I also really cleaned up my diet 2 weeks ago and I can tell it's starting to make a real difference in my physique, the way I feel during training, and how quickly I'm recovering.  I swear it seems like I don't even need as much sleep as I used to!  Here's an example of a typical day of my diet that I've been doing for the last 2 weeks and plan to continue until I reach Mexico at which point it going to be a rice & beans bonanza!  

Breakfast
*Old-fashioned oatmeal (1 cup dry) cooked w/ 1 Tbsp peanut butter, cinnamon, & 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed over top 1 cup thawed frozen blueberries, topped with 1/2 cup strawberries
*8 oz orange juice
*1 medium banana
*Coffee w/ 1/4 cup soy milk

Snack
*Lara bar  - blueberry muffin flavor
*1 medium red delicious apple

Lunch
*Baked potato (1 medium)
*Salad:  2 cups mixed greens, 1 cup cooked quinoa, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 cup kidney beans, 1/4 cup walnuts, 1 Tbsp raisins

Snack
*1 banana
*1 fruit squeeze pouch (Happy Squeeze Organic Superfoods - Apple/Kale/Mango flavor)

Dinner
*Baked sweet potato (1 medium)
*Salad:  2 cups mixed greens, 1 cup brown rice, 4 Campari tomatoes, 1/2 cup cucumber, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1/2 cup black beans, 1/2 cup corn, 15 grapes

Snack
*2 kiwi
*1 banana
*4 oz blackberry, blueberry, acai juice

All of this totals to about 3000 calories and:
*590 grams carbohydrates (~78% total calories and 10.5 grams per kg body weight)
*78 g protein (~10% of total calories and 1.4 grams per kg body weight)
*55 g fat (~16% total calories)
*85 grams fiber
A new and exciting Lara bar flavor!




No comments:

Post a Comment