Tuesday, January 27, 2015

It's All About The Bike (My New Felt IA That Is)


As soon as I saw Felt's IA (Integrated Aero) triathlon bike I knew it had to be my next bike.  Kind of like this:


Sexy, aero, and hella fast, it leaves nothing to be desired.  Compared to other TT bikes on the market it's simply lighter. stiffer. better. faster.  It's also pretty cool that Rinny won her last Ironman World Championship on this bike!

I rode my IA for the first time last Sunday.  I went 65 miles, but it didn't take me that long to realize that we have good chemistry.  Whereas I always wanted to love my P2 but never fully did, I felt an instant bond w/ my IA.  I can tell that it fits me way better than the Cervelo ever did.  And I just cannot believe how smooth the ride is!!!!!  Granted I've been riding an aluminum frame for the last year, but it felt like I was riding on a perfectly smooth runway that had been freshly paved just for me.  I honestly wouldn't have been too surprised if I had actually taken off!  The bike sliced effortlessly through the wind without any turbulence.  The shifting was instantaneous and precise.  Oh and of course it was fast!  There's nothing that I don't like about it.  It's a decadent bike with a velvety ride.  It's pretty perfect :)

I have to give a HUGE shout out to TrySports Bike Technician, Charlie George!!!  I'm amazed at the depth of his knowledge and the degree of skill he has pertaining to all things on 2 wheels.  I've never known someone who knows more about bikes.  Thank you for your patience and guiding me through the intricate process of putting the entire bike together!  I learned a TON and am super happy with how everything came together; in fact, I'm a little incredulous that everything did come together, haha!  Seriously, you are a bike sage!








I can't wait to put a few more hundred thousand miles on my IA and get to know it more intimately.  I know we've got a lot of fun times and fast races ahead of us and I'm really looking forward to training and racing this year!




P.S. Felt Bikes are the bomb and for those interested in the finer things in life, here are the technical specs for my bike!

Frame:  Felt IA1

Finish:  Satin Carbon (Gloss Black, Shadow)

Size:  51

Fork:  Felt Dagger UHC Advanced carbon fiber

Headset:  FSA IS2 integrated

Stem:  Felt Dagger

Handlebar:  Felt Dagger UHC Ultimate + Nano base bar w/ Felt f-Bend 3-position extensions

Grips:  Salsa black gel cork tape

Shifters:  Shimano Dura-Ace bar end shifters

Front Derailleur:  Shimano Ultegra

Rear Derailleur:  Shimano Ultegra

Crankset:  Shimano Ultegra

Bottom Bracket:  FSA BB30 w/ 24 mm spindle reducers

Pedals:  Shimano Ultegra SPD-SL 6800 carbon pedals

Chain:  Shimano Ultegra 11-speed

Brake Levers:  Shimano Dura-Ace carbon TT brake levers

Brakes:  Felt Aero Brake System with integrated cover

Saddle:  Shimano Pro Aerofuel Tri Saddle, black

Seat Post:  Felt Vibration Reducing Aero Tri UHC Advanced carbon fiber

Seatpost Clamp:  Felt Internaloc integrated w/ titanium bolts

Wheels:  Shimano Dura-Ace WH-9000-C50-CL carbon clinchers, 50 mm

Tires:  Michelin Pro4 Endurance

Water Bottle Cage:  Shimano Pro carbon bottle cage

Aero Drink System:  Profile Design aero bottle (somewhat old school, but I still dig it)



1 comment:

  1. Great bike! I just got a Felt and I love it.

    ReplyDelete